Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hawaii 2007

Well Bree and I went to Hawaii in April of '07. We had so much fun!! We stayed on Oahu cause it was the cheapest, even though we both would have loved to gone back to Kauai. It is fabulous there. We stayed on Waikiki beach and just relaxed. We did a couple of different excursions. We went para-sailing and whale watching. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. And everything was amazing. But I think one of our favorite things to do there was get shaved ice from Keneke's. It was fantastic!! I used to tell everyone they should go to Matsumoto's, but we went there again in April and I have to say I wasn't too impressed. Keneke's blew it out of the water!!! So good! It is on the north-east side of the island if you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it.
We also spent a ton on gas because we liked the north side of the island so much better than the south side. But when you get airfare, hotel and rental car for only $700 for a week you stay pretty much wherever they tell you. Check out expedia.com for awesome deals!!
In fact there was one day that we were at the North Shores just hanging out on the beach and saw the fabulous Terry O'Quinn a.k.a. John Locke from Lost. He was just hanging out on the beach. We didn't want to bug him though, so we just kept our distance. Now I wish we had talked to him, cause that would be a much cooler story. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I see him, I will definitely talk to him.
This trip was so much fun. I had a great time with my gorgeous sister. I sure do love Hawaii. It is so beautiful!! Can't wait to get back there. Hopefully sooner rather than later!!

No comments: