Friday, April 11, 2008

Disneyland 2007

In October last year Matt's dad took the whole family to Disneyland!!! This is our second year in a row going and I love it every time! We were there for a total of six days. We were at Disneyland for five and we went to Seaworld for one. I had never been to Seaworld before and I thought it was really neat. I loved the dolphin show the most! It is amazing what they can train those animals to do. I also really liked the Shamu show, but thought they were trying a little too hard to make it inspirational. I didn't go to Seaworld to be inspired, I went to be entertained. But despite them shoving goodness down our throats, it was a good day at Seaworld. Our time spent in Disneyland was so much fun. We hung out a good deal with Matt's brother Mark and his wife Lana and their little guy Gabe. Who is adorable. We went to some of the shows and rode all the rides. We even waited in line for an hour and a half to ride the Nemo submarines. Which if you have kids I guess it is worth it. But when we went, everything was going great and Gabe was loving all the colors, and then the "balloons" came. Which if you have seen Finding Nemo you know what that means (and if you haven't you are really missing out, it's hilarious). They scared Gabe to death and he spent the rest of the ride crying his eyes out. So would I wait in line for that again? Nope! At least not for an hour and a half. Maybe.......ten minutes. One of my favorite rides there is The Tower of Terror. It is so fun!!! I love that feeling of weightlessness. We rode that a few times. I would have gone on it more, but the lines were surprisingly long. The best part of that ride though was convincing our niece Staci to ride it with us. She is seven, but could pass for four or five. She is just tiny! So we convinced her to go with us, and she was absolutely terrified. You would never get her to admit that though. She would tell you she wasn't scared at all. But I will let the picture tell you the truth. There are a lot more stories I could share, like getting stuck on the last hill on Splash Mountain or forcing Matt to ride It's A Small World, but I don't want to turn this into a novel, so I will stop now. But we loved going and can't wait to go back!!! Thanks again Kent!! We had a blast!

No comments: