Monday, June 2, 2008

We are finally here!!


Switzerland!! What a beautiful country! So we left Salt Lake on Sunday morning at about 7:15. And we arrived in Zurich on Monday morning at about 8:30. We traveled all through the night. It was a long trip and I am already not looking forward to the return trip home! When we got into Zurich we still ended up having to take a 3 hour bus ride from Zurich to Leysin, which is where we are staying. As soon as we got to Leysin we checked into our hotel and had some lunch, then we had to get down to business. We went to the ATM and got some Swiss Francs, so colorful! and the we went and activated our rail passes. Doesn't sound too hard, except for that the train station is at the top of a very steep hill. It totally rocked my world! After that we continued hiking up the mountain to this lookout over Lake Geneva. It was really beautiful, but we were all so tired that we had a hard time really taking it all in. After the jet-lag wears off, hopefully soon, we should be able to really enjoy all the wonderful things around us. Here are a few pics of our first day here. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

la fashionista said...

I'm so jealous! Not only are you guys in Switzerland, one of you (or possibly both) is very gifted with camera talent.

BIO-WEST misses you.

Hill said...

Wow, that is so beautiful. I've always wanted to go tour through that area. Have a great trip!

[Morgan] said...

Wow! Totally jealous.
That view is awesome!
You two look great!

Amy said...

Wow!Um. You guys didn't invite me on your trip. I am very upset right now. I am so upset I probably won't invite you to our fabulous trip to the animal farm. Now I know your jealous. Love you guys. Say "HI" to Miss Swiss Miss for me. Is she a Miss or Mrs.?