Saturday, June 21, 2008

Matterhorn.....Take Two!!!

Well we attempted to visit the Matterhorn earlier this week and it just didn't work out. We went to Zermatt, where the Matterhorn is located, and it was so cold and foggy that we couldn't see anything. I mean nothing, not even a hint of the mountain was visible. So now that we are into our free days Matt and I decided to give it one more shot. And it was so worth it!! It was a gorgeous day, not a cloud in the sky! We spent more time on the train getting there, than we actually spent in Zermatt, but it was worth it to me. It seems like if you are going to be in Switzerland then you should see the Matterhorn while you are there. Others may not agree with me, but I don't care. I thought it was an incredible sight to see!








This was the first attempt to see the Matterhorn. Not a whole lot to write home about.
















This was attempt number two! Obviously a much better day! So glad I got to see it!

7 comments:

Bernie said...

How fun! I miss you guys!

Ashley Thalman said...

why haven't i ever seen your blog?! am i out of it? happy times with the swiss mountains. i wish i were there, eating cheese, bread and listening to the clear quiet of the mountains. i must see you when you get back. must.
i will add you immediatly

The Nortons said...

MATT!! WHIT!!

Oh my gosh, I was so excited when I saw your blog link on Keisha and Darrens blog. We miss you guys so much. Your pictures of Switzerland are amazing. We are excited for school to start again because we will all be back in good ole Logan. Can't wait to see you!

love,
Ky and Ed

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Hey!
How are you...its been a long time...its Kerri! Looks like you have had a fun summer. Lets stay in touch
Ker

Alicia Steere said...

Hey guys, I found your blog!!! I love the pictures from your trip. It is so beautiful there! How have you guys been!?

Amanda Petersen said...

nelsons!! i just love blog surfing- you discover such lovely people :) how are you two!? still in logan? can i just say how jealous i am of your euro trip?? how amazing! how long were you gone? it looks great!

mrs. farlanderz said...

how bout a new post? it would make our day.